Tuesday, May 30, 2006

SUMMER

FAVORITE SUMMER QUESTIONS

1. What are some of your favorite summer memories?
Growing up in Texas, every single birthday after age 11, I received a Six Flags season pass. Our mom's would drop us off at noon and then pick us up around 8:30. Back in the day, Six Flags would have concerts every weekend. Most of them were not my cup of tea because of the whole Country Western thing. I was never country before country was cool during or after. Thats a country song....I think. However on occasion about every 3rd weekend someone really cool would be there and if you had a "season pass" then you could just pay 2 bucks and get in. I saw Billy Idol, which was my favorite, Shalamar...you know the song...Second TIme Around. Anyway we saw a ton of great bands...I can't even imagine Six Flags doing that now.

2. What is your favorite summer drink?

As a child limeade from Sonic or Braum's.
As an adult....I'd say 70 - 85 degree weather I like a nice glass of wine or a vodka tonic 2 limes. anything above 85 would be an icy cold beer or a frozen margarita. Although I just had Frozen Sangria this weekend ...YUM!


3. What is your favorite summer salad?

I love a good chopped salad but I like everything to be fresh a good romaine with some spinach, some scallions, black olives, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, cucumbers, Feta crumbles, and Balsamic vinegar, Canola oil and lots of salt! This is my FAV salad and my kids.

4. What is your favorite thing to grill?

Marinated Flank Steak, with baked sweet potatoes.

5. What are your favorite summer tunes?

I love all Van Morrison, and a lot of old school easy listening soulful stuff like Dock of the bay, Drift Away, Sweet Home Alabama, I Can See Clearly Now, Counting Crowes, Hootie...etc.

No comments: