Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Critics Are In

I was never the type of girl that had "thick skin" when it came to constructive criticism. In fact, taking compliments was just as difficult. However I am a good 9 months away from becoming a 40 year old woman and I can whole heartedly say I have grown.

Obviously not in the spelling and grammar area. I was slammed by ITALK2MUCH.com !!
Although self-inflicted on my behalf, I did go there myself and request that my blog be "evaluated" by the crew of critics.
I wasn't quite educated on the entire process because once I submitted my Blog, I checked back every single day to see what they said. The only info I saw was a threat to be banned from their site if I were to re-submit my Blog.
Time went on and I forgot all about it.

Then one day I received a comment by someone saying they found me via italk2much.com and how they did not agree with them, they thought my site was cute.

I immediately started laughing and called my 14 year old son down to read the news with me.
My laughter only grew heartier because of the spelling and grammar comments, the advice to try not to "suck" too much
and the backward compliment of being able to stomach it in comparison to the other 2.

I have always said that I write (type) the way I speak. It's who I am! I know that there are plenty of people out there who find that way of thinking to be idiotic. But everyone has a right to their opinion. In fact, I am sure that I am in the minority. As I said in the beginning, I have come a long way that I could actually take the steps of requesting criticism from someone much less a web site that rarely shares compliments. I am just happy that I was able to laugh at this instead of taking it so personally. Perhaps by the time I am 50, I will dot all my I's and cross all my T's . My "evaluation was on Tuesday last week if you want to go and read it.

OH YEAH----The other comment I got ----was about my googled images and how I should try and use some of my own.
I am actually the one in a group who always has her camera. I have a ton of pics. So beginning today I will share a photo of my very own each time I post.

My real goal is just to try and post more often.



This is a photo of my son at the July 4th festival. He actually got the ball in HOWEVER you have to get 2 in to win !

cost of entry to festival - free (comp sponsor tickets)
cost of food and drink - free (for sponsors)
cost of ball in bucket game 2 bucks (ripoff)
picture of ball going in -free
The fact that I don't have a giant dusty stuffed animal in his room- priceless!
(then why can't I get passed the two bucks for the game)


No comments: