Friday, April 27, 2007

Back to the Future?

A sign of the times?

The 80's were "totally cool for sure!"
They were my high school years. I remember kids meeting to race their cars on the weekend.
Chevy Camaros, Z-28's, RX-7's, but mostly older vehicles that had been supped up and supercharged.
Living in this small town in Wisconsin, where we now live it is truly like reliving my high school years.
I don't know if they race cars here but driving through my son's high school parking lot is like driving through mine way back in the day.

It is so different than anywhere else we have ever lived. Most of the suburbs we've resided in the past have been middle to upper-class neighborhoods so the cars in the high schools there, were nicer than anything I have ever known and Movin' dad is in the automotive industry.

The other day I was speaking to a boy who said that he was friends with a girl who knew my son. She told him that she thought my son was a sweetheart, but that one of his good friends was a butt-hole! A butt-hole? Isn't that hysterical...I have not heard that word since I was in high school.

If time machines ever existed...I believe I just entered it.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I feel the same way moving to South Carolina. Of course, my husband loves the 80s and all that stuff so he loves it.

tommie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tommie said...

All I get from the two and three year old is "nanny nanny boo boo"...I am waiting for the day some four year old teaches them.."stick your head in poopoo"..

who teaches them this stuff??

happy friday

Arlene said...

Sounds like you have not only good kids, but a nice town to call home :-)
I'm always surprised by what kids drive these days!! Insane when you think about how much cars cost!!

Carlos said...

My kids use "butt hole" all the time. As a matter of fact, they have bestowed it as a nickname upon one of our cats! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Sorry to hear you miss Fiesta...It's going great though!