Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'M OKAY!

Really I AM okay! I woke up this morning & verbally whispered...I'm forty!

Movin' dad let me open my gifts last night because he was going to Chicago for the day.
I got lots of good stuff, One gift in particular was a day at the spa. He also already made the appointment.
My sister-in-law (Movin dad's sister) is my best friend. She and their older brother are coming into town today.
Tomorrow SIL and I are going to the spa together. mani/pedi, facial and massage!!! I can't wait!!!

I got another DVD to add to my soon to be library of John Cusak movies. I hope to one day have the entire collection.
Huge fan!!! I love John Cusak. The kids bought me Must Love Dogs.

It's too early in the morning to take a photo op of what 40 looks like but maybe later today.

Perhaps I will have an array of photos from our spa experience tomorrow as well.

I would like to add that age 15 seems to be the age my son thinks it is okay to joke about my age. Especially since he has never done that before.

At Target he pulled a shampoo off the shelf that was called Pro Age...

"Mom, you should probably start using this shampoo on Thursday"

"Mom, why is the font SO big on you computer...haha!"


I wanted to buy this belt buckle because Movin Dad works for Chevy and my son told me:

"You need to act your age!"

Well at the time I was only 39 so maybe I should have just got it anyway!

So I begin my 40th birthday today with a nice hot cup of coffee, dropping kids off at school
and now I am off to drop our pooch at the groomers.

All I ask for is sunshine and warmth.

6 comments:

Mayberry said...

Imagine me singing "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to youuuuuu!" The sun IS shining and I hope you have a wonderful day. How great that your SIL and BIL can come and help you celebrate too!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! A day at the spa sounds like a great gift. My mom is turning 60 in January and that sounds like a gret thing to get her too. That and a plane ticket to come visit me in SC. Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will have a great Birthday! Happy Birthday to you!!
Age does'nt matter!!!

Anonymous said...

"MUST LOVE DOGS" ? Is that the movie with DIANE LANE in it ?

She is adorable !

Her and John C would make a great couple!

Movin Mom said...

I agree...John C & Diane would make a great couple

Arlene said...

I love Must Love Dogs, and just watched it for about the fifth time the other day!