Saturday, December 09, 2006

Where does the time go?

I was married at the age of 22.

When we got married my mom was 45 years old.

I will be 40 in April.

Where does the time go?



Time seems to fly by me when the kids schedules are jammed packed, and the holidays are upon us.

I just started reading FOR ONE MORE DAY by MITCH ALBOM.

I've read his other two books and enjoyed his newspaper column when living in Detroit.

I saw him on The View last week, promoting the new book. When asked why he wrote this, he said that he wrote it because
so many people say "If only I had one more day"...AFTER people die. They asked him, who he would like to
pick if he could have someone come back "for just one more day"

He said Morrie.

The sad part is, he couldn't have said it better,
we all have one more day with the people that are here & yet we all say...maybe I'll go see her next week, or summer, or year.
and then sometimes...it's too late.

We all live such fast paced lives...I probably spend 50 % of my day driving kids to and from. Dropping off and picking up.
On the computer, and let's be honest here... I watch a lot of TV.

So far living in Wisconsin, our lives have slowed down tremendously.

Allowing for some quiet moments with the kids.

We haven't really acquired a "group" of friends yet so our social life is pretty much become my hubby and I going out to dinner.
I am liking our time. It makes me realize how quickly the years are passing and I need to stop and enjoy the people I love while they are still here...under my roof...BEFORE college, jobs, marriage, babies & homes of their own.


Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments: