Sunday, March 04, 2007

How many things can happen in 365 days?


March 4, 2006 was my first post.

I claimed that my life was in chapters, that I was not quite ready to play a supporting role in my children's life, that this process would allow me therapy.

What I didn't know was that I would still be here a year later.

That I would enjoy reading about all of your lives, your humor, your trials and tribulations much less sharing that of my own.

That I would feel as if I had made many new friends even though we have never really met.

Journaling (out loud) and not as self conscious about what I might say or do that could offend or hurt someone's feelings.

I have always enjoyed the creative aspect of writing; it's the grammar effect that has held me back.

But to have a complete stranger leave a comment or to respond to something they may relate to is what keeps me here. It is actually the people closest to me who remind me that I have forgotten my commas, or periods.

Here we are exactly one year later, and so much has happened in that time.

My children have had so many seasons of sports come and go.

A year ago I lived in a different home, in a different town, in a different state.

My father in law was still alive and making us all laugh.

I was driving a different car.

My nephew was born.

My son started driving.

I was surrounded by wonderful friends.

Now:

I have an IBook
a new house
a new car
some new friends (online & in town)
I have decided to become a supportive role in my sons life
allowing him to be who he wants to be
as opposed to what we think is best.
and yes I begin another "Chapter" in my life
along with a new year to share in the stories of my life
while enjoying the stories of yours.

I want to thank you all for not only reading but even taking the time to comment.

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Hey, happy happy! So glad you're here.

me said...

happy bloggy-birthday -iversary!!! the years they fly, don't they?

Nicole said...

Happy blog-day! You're just a few days younger than me (Feb 24th). It's addictive isn't it?

Congrats!!