Friday, February 02, 2007

How young is too young?

Early this morning, my two teenage sons were running around like crazy's trying to get their lunch made
wrestling gear packed up trying not to be late for school.

The entire time my daughter stood there, in her jacket, backpack on her back tapping her shoe in frustration.

Normally, I have one of the two teens start the car and turn my seat heater on so that I have a nice comfy drive in dropping kids at school. Everyone was too busy...except for my 11 year old daughter.

So I asked her..

"Do you know how to start the car?"

"no, but I'll try...just tell me how!"

So I did.

She repeated back to me everything she had to do and off she went.

We all were in the kitchen when we heard the car start.

We all gave out a big "hoo hah"

She walks back in as proud of herself as she can be.

My husband says, I'll drop off to the high school
which left me with two middle schoolers and one
2nd grader to drop off. Sounds great.

I pour myself a cup of coffee...

the kids get their shoes on...

my youngest can't find a shirt to wear...

I send my daughter up to help him.

Movin' dad goes out to the garage to get his shoes
because he left them in there the day before.

"AAAAAGGGGHHHH!" he screams.

I think, "Is there a mouse?"

he looks at my daughter and says,"YOU HAVE TO OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR!!!"

she keeps saying over and over,"I didn't know, I didn't know..."

The car must have been running a good 10 minutes before we discovered it.

Then here it comes...Well you didn't tell her...(It was my fault)

All I could see was the 5 o'clock news....family of 6 all huddled in a kitchen
car still running in garage....news at 10.


*Dr. visit part 2 will be on Tuesday since that is when all of my results come back in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! That's a big fear of mine! I remember a neighbor dying this way while working on his car in the garage (or maybe that's just what they told me at the time) and that always freaked me out.