Sunday, January 31, 2010

In case you didn't know...


I've moved to Texas.

This is one of those moments where I could have followed that statement with "nuff said"
But there is so much to say. Texas is the biggest state, isn't it?

The sunset skies here are magnificent, The most beautiful shades of orange, pinks, purples, and of course blue.
My youngest often says that he feels like we are on the inside of a globe because it seems you can see one end of the sky to the other. The sky at night IS big and bright....clap clap clap clap DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.

Pretty soon the flowers will be blooming. My kids will be praying that I am not going to drag them out to the bluebonnet fields
to take the ever famous photos.

I am a native born Texan but have been gone just long enough to lose any form of twang that had developed. It's been almost a year since I have returned and I still have not transitioned from "you guys" back to y'all. It's coming though... I feel it.

The best part of being back is the TEX-MEX food I missed and longed for. Everyone would say, "Try my place... it's the best mexican food you'll ever eat!" But I wasn't looking for mexican food... I wanted TEX-MEX. Well now I have it! Which is why I have had to start Yoga... stretch it all out!

We're closer to family, which my children LOVE and close to what we used to call home. Facebook has re-connected me with all of my old high school friends and some I barely knew but now call friends. It's been 25 years since I graduated high school and at least 20 years since I left the DFW area. It's almost as if I have moved to a new territory. I was starting to feel like a true midwesterner, I truly loved where we were. But little by little my Texan side is starting to show...and it's not too bad.
A friend of ours gave me a quote this morning for my son that pertained to his wrestling. However, after reading it a couple of times I realized it has a lot to do with how often we move and how we get through it.

It's a quote by Darwin:

"The future of the species does not belong to the strongest or the most intelligent.....but rather to those that are the quickest to adapt to their environment"

No comments: